What elements make up an effectively administered public organization?
What elements make up an effectively administered public organization? How do you measure that effectiveness? What levers do you pull to increase effectiveness? How do you make those decisions?
We Write Essays For Students
Tell us about your assignment and we will find the best writer for your paperWrite My Essay For Me
In this course project, you will demonstrate your ability to address these questions by conducting an abbreviated organizational analysis of a public agency of your choice, applying concepts in organizational theory to the practice of administering a public organization. You may use a public agency of which you have personal knowledge, or you may choose any other public agency in which you have an interest.
The project is split into two parts. In the first section of the project, you will begin to assemble a theoretical foundation for your analysis. In the second section of the project, you will fine-tune your theoretical foundation and apply the theoretical principles you’ve outlined to your organizational analysis of your chosen organization.
To successfully complete this project, you will be expected to:
- Analyze theories of organizational behavior as applied to the field.
- Evaluate methods of managing and enhancing culture in the workplace based on contemporary theory.
- Apply theories to organizations to illustrate efficacy in practices.
- Analyze theories of decision making for application in the public sector.
- Think critically and communicate effectively in organizational settings.
Project Component: Organizational Theory Overview
In this component of your project you will begin to lay the theoretical foundation of your organizational analysis.
The performance criteria that you will use in your organizational analysis include:
- Group development.
- Team building.
- Collaboration and coordination with outside contractors.
- Decision making.
- Communication processes.
- Power and politics.
- Organizational culture.
For this component of the project, submit a 7 page paper in which you provide a theoretical analysis of each of the above elements and their application to public administration. Your analysis should include:
- A brief historical overview of the concept.
- A concise discussion of how the concept functions in the field of public administration, particularly noting any differences between the way it functions in public and private organizations.
- A list of questions that your research of the concept suggests you should explore in your Organizational Analysis.
4.3–5 references in support of your analysis of the concept.
Number of pages 4
ORDER A SIMILAR ESSAY WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH
Save time and money with our essay writers for hire. If you are in search of a dependable academic support provider that offers more than just typical writing services, you have come to the right place. As a cost-effective essay writing service, we not only assist you in crafting outstanding papers but also provide complimentary features.