Alarm Management and Fatigue in nursing
A. The student will prepare a written proposal for a project of which the focus is resolution of a selected issue or problem significant to professional nursing practice (with potential for application in a work or community setting). While the proposal may not actually be implemented, it will be submitted to pertinent administrators in a workplace or community setting (*) with a request to present the proposal to a relevant committee, council, or staff group and it must include:
1. A description of the problem or need for change/practice change
2. A resolution strategy
3. An implementation plan
4. A proposed evaluation of outcomes method
5. A formal process for dissemination of findings of outcomes
B. The student will select an evidence-based nursing practice model as the foundation for the Capstone Project. All elements of the model must be addressed, as indicated. The elements will be used as headings within the written paper submission to ensure they are used to structure the project.
Student must obtain faculty approval for use of a model if it not one the three models (CURN, Stetler, or Iowa) found in Schmidt and Brown (2015).
- This project should address one or more of the following Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice and/or Quality and
Safety Education for Nurses’ (QSEN) elements at a minimum, as applicable to the student’s specific project. As an aside, please notice the Baccalaureate Program Graduate Outcomes and Competencies for the College of Nursing and Allied Health Professions are based upon these two pivotal documents.
1. Patient safety
2. Patient-centered care (patient involvement in care decisions such as cultural considerations, patient values, et cetera)
3. Professional values (altruism, human dignity, ethics, et cetera)
4. Quality improvement
5. Nursing informatics
6. Opportunities for teamwork and interdisciplinary collaboration
7. Leadership and Management (healthcare regulations translated into practice, healthcare policies, environment of care issues, communication strategies, ethical and legal implications, financial resources, et cetera)
- This Capstone Project must include an analysis and synthesis of recent, scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles in order to validate the usefulness of the project to facilitate evidence-based change that meets an identified need. This need can “NOT” be a change that is currently taking place in your facility. Words in red indicate to have minimal direct quoting!
Please seek the articles through our University Library, using a wide database search. Our Distance Learning service in the University Library also includes the ability to do a Google Scholar search. Articles should mostly be published within the United States. Be sure to include mostly nursing articles.
(It is acceptable to use other discipline’s articles to ensure a collaborative effort between the disciplines however; nursing should be the majority of the articles.) Recall from earlier classes, articles from magazines and non-peer-reviewed journals are NOT acceptable sources of information.
- The written paper should include data from A, B, C, and D above. The total length should fall between 5-7 pages not including the title page, abstract, and reference list (I would like 6 pages and an abstract, I paid for 7 pages total to incorporate the abstract). The paper must strictly adhere to APA format in all elements.
- The project will be evaluated using the grading rubric posted on Moodle. (Which I will provide)
I have done all the research and found multiple articles for you using an EBSCO search database that includes CINHAL and many others. to use and I will add them to the order in the additional materials section. There are 4 studies that must be included in the paper 3 of which i have links and one will be a pdf.
Follow this link to get a similar paper written from scratch