Genesis Energy’s newly established operations management team decided to seek outside assistance in developing a long-term operating plan that also addresses the financial issues identified. A major consideration for Genesis Energy is assessing those short-term and long-term economic factors, which will greatly enhance the company’s ability to successfully transition to a viable international business. Grasping and correctly prioritizing these economic factors, supply and demand, interest rates, inflation, unemployment, and exchange rates are pivotal, thereby requiring expert guidance. Therefore, their first major decision was to hire a respected strategy consulting firm, Sensible Essentials.
After meeting with the client team, Sensible Essentials concluded that the operations management team would significantly benefit from a more in-depth understanding of the financial environment at Genesis Energy. This understanding needed to encompass not only sales, costs, and profitability forecast under the new strategic plan, but also the way expansion would highlight the need to manage working capital and cash flow in order to try to minimize the need for external financing.
As the lead consultant for Sensible Essentials, do the following:
- Describe and evaluate the financial environment at Genesis Energy by using ratio analysis of the company.
- Choose one ratio from each of the five categories listed in the table on page 103 of your textbook, Brigham and Ehrhardt, and do a 3-year ratio trend analysis. Compare these results to the industry averages. What do the results tell you?
- Name three specific options that are available to Genesis Energy for obtaining needed capital.
- Identify and explain two ways Genesis Energy can improve its strategy.
- Explain what specific macroeconomic factors are likely to affect genesis, i.e., inflation, interest rates, exchange rates etc. Please do a brief country risk assessment and discuss the most likely problems a company like Genesis Energy is likely going to confront when contemplating an international expansion. What would be the least risky avenue for them to get their product/service to the country you have chosen? Which entry mode is the riskiest? Explain.
Write a 3–4-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Then, create a 6–8-slide PowerPoint with Speaker’s notes and references (including research) presenting your findings to the Genesis Energy operations management team.
Use the following file naming conventions: LastnameFirstInitial_M1_A4.doc and LastnameFirstInitial_M1_A4.ppt. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_M1_A4.doc and SmithJ_M1_A4.ppt.
By Wednesday, October 28, 2015, deliver your assignment to the M1: Assignment 4 Dropbox.
|Assignment 4 Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Described the financial environment at Genesis Energy.||8|
|Examined the implication of Genesis Energy’s current financial strategy for global expansion of business, showing analysis of its financial environment.||28|
|Identified and explained two ways Genesis Energy can improve its strategy.||16|
|Assessed the effects of global financial markets on the company’s financial strategy.||28|
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||20|
Follow this link to get a similar paper written from scratch